Horse and Soul Ranch was founded by Loreen Houdek. The ranch is located outside of Burr Oak, Iowa on approximately 39 acres. Horse and Soul Ranch is in its first year and is also a site for the Freedom Horses organization.
After being in an abusive marriage many years ago, Loreen realized she was a better person and didn’t deserve to be treated the way she ways. Which is something she hopes the women who visit Horse and Soul Ranch will always experience. Loreen is passionate about horses and how they help people get their dignity, courage and confidence back. They help a person feel special and cared about. To know that they are loved for who they are. Horses don’t care what you wear, what you look like, they are forgiving and don’t lie. Horses live in the moment.
- Obtained 30 hour Crime Victim Counselor Training with CEU’s with NICC.
- Has been practicing Natural Horsemanship since 2006
- Member, volunteer and past Board Member of Thunder Rode (Therapeutic Riding center for people with special needs)
- Horse owner for 17+ years
- Chosen to be a site for Freedom Horses
- Certified Veterinary Assistant majoring in Stable Management and Administration
- Certified in First Aid and CPR for adults and infants